Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lion Brand "Incredible" yarn

Tonight I've been knitting for the first time with "ribbon yarn". I thought it'd be really easy to work with but am discovering that it's SO slippery! Mac the cat hopped up to help me and SWISH a bunch of stitches went shooting off the needle!

Got it all fixed back (sort of) and SWISH there they went again! Aaargh! This time it unraveled a couple of rows down so I've put it away for tonight (it was either that or scram & throw it out the window! LOL)

I'm making the "Shape-it Scarf" from
The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch (The Knitting Experience) by Sally Melville. Have you used any of the patterns in that book?

She has very detailed directions on how to rescue projects that have gone wrong (like, for instance, something Mac the Cat has tried to help with) so tomorrow I'll be reading that to see what the best way will be to get the scarf all back on the needles. (If it was yarn it'd be easy, but being slippery it's not.) Hopefully it can be rescued! I'd hate to have to start all over!!

Originally I was thinking of making several of these scarves using the ribbon yarn & giving them as Valentine's Day gifts, but the way it's going I may cut it into lengths for scrapbook swaps & use some other yarns instead! ;-p

No comments: